Thursday 3 June 2010

iGoogle

Google has vastly advanced since I started using it purely for search engine purposes many years ago. When it first emerged many users of the Internet were employing Yahoo as their first choice search engine. With advancements such as iGoogle one can only speculate where this technology is moving to. One advancement that I believe has increased its popularity is its user friendly functionality . Long gone are the days where only those skilled in HTML could really interact with layout or design. We are now participators and not just observers.

1 comment:

  1. I think the user-friendliness is absolutely key. I love getting 'under the surface' of things and being able to tinker with them - and I've met lots of other librarians who feel similarly - yet interface design has moved on in ways that leave my html skills soooo far behind! I'm starting to see the appeal, I must admit. Why spend time on coding when you can rearrange a page with click-and-drop?

    ReplyDelete