Saturday 14 August 2010

The Final Thing!


23 Things Cambridge has been an extremely interesting, informative and useful course to follow and one in which I have thoroughly enjoyed taking part in over the past twelve weeks in conjunction with my teacher study visit at Pembroke College. It has been particularly interesting to see the various blogs develop and the variety of thought and input from fellow participants. Web 2.0 and social media technology has grasped the imagination of many and has quickly become embedded in the structure of library and educational establishments alike. However, we need to be aware that these new skills are themselves potentially subject to becoming quickly outdated and in some instances rapidly so.

As time progresses talents gained will inevitably be subject to transformation especially as they meld with future advancement and development. It is not the mastering of this technology alone as a one off event that will sustain those who will be professionally involved with its future engagement but rather the grasping of the concept of how to live with the nature of change which is inevitably part of any technological evolution. As such, it is participating and engaging in courses such as 23 Things Cambridge that will support this undertaking.

I would like to take this opportunity to offer my appreciation to all those who arranged, developed and made the course possible. Many thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Quite agree with you that learning is an ongoing task - the beauty of Cam23 has been to persuade people to "have a go" at some new technologies that they might otherwise have been wary of trying.
    I love trying new applications etc, but even so still at times am wary just because I don't know what is a good application and those I should be a little wary of trying. However during the course of this, I do feel I have built a stronger network of people that can help or guide me towards (or away!) from things that I come across on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for getting to the end, hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete